Breast cancer is for women the first cancer in frequency and unfortunately it is still the second cause of death from cancer in the world, as 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer during her lifetime, while over 70% of all women with breast cancer have no family history.
To beat cancer we have to look for it, only then can we fight it. International studies estimate that annual imaging tests have reduced mortality by 24-34%.
Breast cancer is caused by many causes, two of the main ones are gender and age.The disease “prefers” women, the older they get, the more likely it is to develop it.
The World Health Organization has classified certain groups of women at higher risk:
- By 1st degree of consanguinity, etc Mother, daughter, sister.with patients to developed the disease before menopause.
- Confirmed inherited mutation of the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes.
- Patients with other cancers, such as endometrial).
- With fibrocystic mastopathy and histologically confirmed high-risk lesions.
- Women who developed cancer in one breast.
- Infertile women over 40 years old.
- Overweight women.
- With early period (before the age of 12) and late menopause (after 50).
- Exogenous and environmental factors such as diet, alcohol and smoking.What tests are available today for breast screening?
- Ultrasound and elastography
- Magnetic resonance
- Digital mammography with tomosynthesis
- Automated polytomous ultrasound (ABUS) .Breast Cancer Symptoms
- Changes in the appearance of the skin
- Change in the shape of the nipple
- Discharge from the nipple
- Unusual breast swelling
Breast cancer is fully cured if it is found in initial stage!