On AKTIOS Rehabilitation Prosthetic and Orthotic (P&O) Department, we evaluate, measure, fabricate, and fit patients with artificial limbs and braces. Our patients include those with neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disorders and those who have experienced amputation, trauma, and surgical procedures. Prosthetic and orthotic devices are fabricated and fit with high quality and standard.
Our P&O practitioner is prosthetist and orthotist who has been trained and qualified in the technical and clinical aspects of fabricating and fitting custom-made prostheses and/or orthoses.
Service features include:
- Fitting and manufacturing of prostheses and orthoses
- Regularly scheduled out-patient clinics that offer assessments and prescription recommendations for a wide range of prosthetic and orthotic devices;
- Recommendations for modification, adjustment, repair and/or replacement of assistive devices;
- For in-patient amputees on the Amputee Rehab Service, a temporary prosthesis is created and carefully fitted during the early stages of rehabilitation
- Our prosthetist monitors the fit of the prosthesis and make necessary adjustments.
- Upon discharge, regular follow up is provided until the patient is ready to be fitted with a permanent prosthesis;
Out-patient amputee and orthopaedic brace services include:
- A personal assessment of a client’s needs;
- Prescription recommendations and manufacture of prosthetic limbs and orthopaedic braces;
- Consultations with AKTIOS Rehabilitation specialists;
- Recommendations for modification, adjustment or replacement of existing assistive devices, as appropriate.
We assist you in every way possible so you can return to all the things you left behind, be it a half-read novel, a racetrack, a lonely spot-on lover’s lane, cooking classes, jam sessions with a band, gardening, or just about anything else you wish to do.
We tailor our approach to work with you and draw up an integrated action plan to help you achieve your goals.