Τhe AKTIOS Medical Rehabilitation Center is a valuable asset for Attica region residents. It provides a hospital-based, comprehensive program for patients recovering from serious illnesses or injuries such as stroke, brain injury, amputation, and spinal cord injury. The last two years, it has expanded its services to treat non-infectious patients recovering from COVID-19 symptoms.
COVID-19 can cause respiratory, cognitive, cardiovascular, or mental health issues; fatigue; pain; or loss of taste and smell. These symptoms are often debilitating and can affect the patient’s ability to work, care for family, and live comfortably.
Often the symptoms are similar to those seen in stroke, brain injury, cardiac, pulmonary or neurological patients. The physicians, nurses, and physical, occupational, speech, and recreational therapists at the AKTIOS Medical Rehabilitation Center use an interdisciplinary rehabilitation model to help individuals who have disability after COVID-19 rebuild their lives.
While many infected with COVID-19 face a difficult path to recovery, the AKTIOS Medical Rehabilitation Center is here to help them return to the best possible quality of life.
Our highly trained rehabilitation teams are committed to seeing the potential in every person they work with, and to developing that potential to the fullest through customized goal setting and treatment planning. Team members of the network are among the most qualified and experienced rehabilitation professionals. We work to maximize independence, restore function and improve the quality of life for our patients. To achieve these goals, we put the individual patient and family at the center of the rehabilitation team and provide them with the information and skills they need to transition successfully to community settings.
The COVID-19 Rehabilitation Program
The customized care provided by the COVID-19 Rehabilitation Program may maximize patient outcomes by providing:
- A comprehensive evaluation of functional status by an interdisciplinary team
- Therapeutic exercise and functional activity programs tailored to the patient’s condition and needs
- A continuum of care that may include :inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation and outpatient day care program
- Extensive education and support to ensure patients and families have the resources and knowledge needed for successful integration back into the home and community
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
Our Multidisciplinary Team
We have a dedicated multidisciplinary team that may include:
- Physiatrists (rehabilitation doctors)
- Medical consultants, including, urologists, otolaryngologists, etc
- Neuropsychologists and psychologists
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Patient care assistants
- Therapeutic recreational therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- Social workers
- Clinical nutritionist