HYGEIA Hospital is the first large private hospital to operate in Greece and has been a leading healthcare provider for the last 35 years. It is an ultra-modern general hospital in the northern suburbs of Athens and close to the Athens International Airport.
HYGEIA, member of Hellenic Healthcare Group (HHG), is the first large private hospital to operate in Greece and has been a leading healthcare provider for 50 years. It is an ultra-modern general hospital in the northern suburbs of Athens and close to the Athens International Airport.
Today, HYGEIA has a capacity of 274 beds, 18 operating theaters and more than 1,200 highly trained nursing and administrative staff and almost 700 associated physicians of 50 different medical specialties. It extends to 17 floors and offers triple-bed, semi-private and private rooms and deluxe rooms, as well as, 18 small suites, 3 large suites and a V.V.I.P. suite.
HYGEIA is the first Hospital in Greece to receive the Joint Commission International’s (JCI) Quality Accreditation since 2010, the most recognized healthcare accreditation worldwide for Quality and Safety in Healthcare. HYGEIA combines high quality services at the leading edge of medical science and technology, with state-of-the-art equipment, at competitive rates. HYGEIA has contracts with all major domestic and international private insurance companies and is the preferred hospital provider for numerous Embassies, integrational organizations and private companies that operate in Greece.
HYGEIA has numerous Centers of Medical Excellence including:
- Da Vinci® XI Robotic System
- Latest Generation Multidisciplinary Hybrid Operating Room
- MAKO Robotic-assisted Surgery
- Gamma Knife Brain Radiosurgery (unique in Greece with the innovative Elekta Leksell Gamma Knife® Perfexion)
- Radiotherapy and Oncology Centre (Elekta Axesse and Synergy Linear Accelerators)
- The first and most experienced PET-CT (Positron Emission Tomography) Department in Greece
- Neurosurgery and Interventional Neuroradiology (Cerebral Aneurysm Embolization)
- Transcutaneous Aortic Valve Implantation
- Interventional Cardiology (Cardiac Catheterization)
- Robot-assisted microscope: latest advance in modern neurosurgery for brain tumor resection
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair
- Imaging Departments (with state-of-the-art equipment, including 3 MRI units, 3 CT scanners and 30 Body and Heart Ultrasounds)
- Breast Clinic
- Dental Implants & Tissue Regeneration